(833) 662-9873 (Sales)
Customer Service: Call center automation (CCA), Chatbots on web sites (BOT), through the general personal assistants (GPA), Mobile apps (MBL), Agent support (AS)
Core technologies: Speech recognition (SR), Speech synthesis (TTS), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML)
Scope: Full, Specialized (SPC)
System: Cloud-based (CLD)
- – Amazon’s position in online product sales is well known.
- – One can build specialized “skills” that can be contacted through Amazon Alexa.
- – Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a subsidiary of Amazon that provides on-demand cloud computing and APIs to individuals, companies, and governments.
- – AWS includes Amazon Connect, a cloud-based omnichannel customer service platform. Agents and managers just need a supported web browser and an internet connection to engage with customers.
- – Amazon Connect is AI-enabled by default, allowing agents to immediately use AWS AI services with Amazon Connect to automate interactions and improve customer service.
- – Amazon Lex is an Amazon cloud service that builds conversational interfaces into any application with speech-to-text and Natural Language Understanding (NLU).
- – One can use Amazon tools to create an Amazon Lex “bot.”
- – Amazon Polly, part of AWS, provides cloud-based text-to-speech conversion.§ AWS includes tools for machine learning.
- – Amazon Transcribe Medical is a fully-managed speech recognition service that allows adding medical speech-to-text capabilities to an application.
- Amazon Lex provides the core technology used in Amazon Alexa. It is an Amazon cloud service that builds conversational interfaces into any application with speech-to-text, text-to-speech, and Natural Language Understanding (NLU). Amazon Connect, Amazon’s cloud contact center service, is AI-enabled by default, allowing agents to immediately use AWS AI services with Amazon Connect to automate interactions and improve customer service. Amazon Connect has text-to-speech built-in so you can create personalized messages in real-time. Amazon Connect also leverages AI to transcribe calls and show caller sentiment in real-time, and then mine your customer engagement data to surface insights and spot trends. It can incorporate Amazon Lex to automate services with speech interaction. By using an Amazon Lex chatbot in an Amazon Connect call center, callers can perform tasks such as changing a password, requesting a balance on an account, or scheduling an appointment without needing to speak to an agent. These chatbots use automatic speech recognition and natural language understanding to recognize the intent of the caller. Amazon Lex uses AWS Lambda functions to query business applications, provide information back to callers, and make updates as requested. Amazon Lex chatbots also maintain context and manage the dialogue, dynamically adjusting responses based on the conversation.
- Contact Lens for Amazon Connect is a set of machine learning capabilities integrated into Amazon Connect that allows contact center supervisors to better understand the sentiment, trends, and compliance risks of customer conversations to effectively train agents, replicate successful interactions, and identify crucial company and product feedback.
- Amazon Polly, part of AWS, provides cloud-based text-to-speech conversion. In addition to standard TTS voices, Amazon Polly offers Neural Text-to-Speech (NTTS) voices that deliver advanced improvements in speech quality through a machine learning approach. Polly’s Neural TTS technology supports two speaking styles: a Newscaster reading style that is tailored to news narration use cases, and a Conversational speaking style that is ideal for two-way communication such as telephony applications. Polly Brand Voice can create a custom voice for an organization. Amazon provides tools for building skills that can be contacted through Amazon Alexa. These can be company-specific digital assistants. The Alexa Skills Kit provides self-service APIs and tools to build Alexa skills. Skills can use speech recognition to allow natural language interaction.