New York, NY
Core technologies: Speaker Recognition (SKR)
Scope: Specialized (SPC)
System: On-Premises (PRM)
- ID R&D provides biometric authentication and liveness detection technology.
- Authentication includes voice, face, and behavioral authentication.
- Solution enables natural login for digital channels, including chatbots and virtual assistants.
- Voice authentication includes text-dependent and text-independent options.
- Liveness detection helps combat voice spoofing.
IDVoice by ID R&D is a voice biometric engine that provides both text-dependent and text-independent voice verification for mobile web and telephone channels, as well as physical access. The product is built on a Convolutional Neural Network and modified “x-vector” approach for feature extraction technology.
Text-dependent voice verification is where a person speaks a specific passphrase, usually consisting of two to three words, like “My voice is my passphrase.” Text-independent voice verification is a passive voice biometric approach whereby the user can say anything, enabling authentication to quickly happen in the background during their normal interaction with an agent, IVR, or application.
ID R&D includes liveness detection. Combatting voice spoofing requires liveness detection technology, capable of distinguishing between a live voice and a recorded, synthetic or computer-generated version of the voice.