Customer Service: Call center automation (CCA), Chatbots on web sites (BOT), Mobile apps (MBL)
Enterprise applications: Human Resources support (HR), Interfacing with enterprise software (ES)
Device and equipment control: Automobiles (AUTO), In-home device control (DVC)
Core technologies: Speech recognition (SR), Speech synthesis (TTS), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Speaker Recognition (SKR)
Scope: Full, Specialized (SPC)
System: Cloud-based (CLD), On-Premises (PRM)
- Nuance has a wide range of customer service options. These include speech recognition for call center automation.
- Nuance’s virtual assistant Nina automates customer service with automated natural conversations in text or speech.
- Nuance provides individual technologies such as speech recognition, text-to-speech, Natural Language Processing and biometric technology as independent offerings.
- Nuance Mix combines Nuance’s natural language processing and speech recognition software into one bundle to make it easier to build customized virtual assistants.
- Healthcare is an area of particular focus for Nuance. For example, Nuance has healthcare documentation capture solutions that capture the patient story across major Electronic Healthcare Record (EHR) platforms with secure, cloud‑based speech recognition and transcription.
- The Dragon Medical Virtual Assistant is one specific option that includes conversation interaction with a doctor.
- Nuance has a wide range of dictation solutions (speech-to-text).
Nuance has one of the broadest portfolios of solutions that include speech recognition and text-to-speech technologies, including the individual technologies for cloud-based, premises, and in some cases edge solutions.
Nuance Mix is an open enterprise-grade, software-as-a-service (SaaS) tooling suite for creating advanced conversational experiences to create Virtual Assistants (VA) and conversational IVR using Nuance’s cloud Conversational AI. Applications created can be deployed in hosted or on-premise environments.
Nuance healthcare solutions are a specific area of competence. They include dictation of records that are transcribed to text to populate Electronic Healthcare Records. One particular area of specialization is radiology dictation and records. Nuance has a number of supporting solutions that support the quality of healthcare records.
The Dragon Medical Virtual Assistant delivers conversational dialogues and healthcare skills that automate high‑value clinical tasks from chart search to Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE) that allow a physician to order specific tests or treatments. Nuance surveyed more than 200 healthcare professionals about the role of virtual assistants and the technology’s potential to promote a better experience. They found that 8 out of 10 respondents agree that introducing a clinically‑oriented, AI and voice‑driven virtual assistant into the EHR and exam room workflow will reduce the burden on care teams, improve the patient experience, allow clinicians to spend more time with patients, ease the burden of accessing information in the EHR, and reduce the time spent documenting care.
Nina, the Nuance Intelligent Virtual Assistant, delivers an intuitive, automated conversational experience in text or speech for digital channels, including a website, mobile app, text messaging application, or a TV. Features include the ability to understand complex inquiries, ask clarifying questions and personalize responses. Each conversation can be captured, analyzed and aggregated to deliver real‑time insights. Nina learns from past and current live agent interactions and other engagements to continually improve the accuracy of the responses.
Nuance Voice-to-Agent Messaging is a recent addition that lets customers leave a voice message of any length to explain their issue and requests. Voice-to-Agent automatically converts the customer voice message into text, then uses natural language understanding to understand the customer request and route to the best agent or agent pool. Nuance’s AI can also provide agents with proposed answers and automatically send an SMS to the customer with a personalized response.
Nuance provides individual technologies such as speech recognition and text-to-speech as independent offerings.
Nuance dictation offering transcribe voice notes. The offerings include specialties such as legal and law enforcement, as well as more general contexts with a variety of features, including cloud-based mobile dictation.