Redwood City, CA
Customer Service: Call center automation (CCA), Chatbots on web sites (BOT), Mobile apps (MBL), Agent support (AS)
Enterprise applications: Human Resources support (HR)
Core technologies: Machine Learning (ML)
System: Cloud-based (CLD), On-Premises (PRM), Agent
- Oracle supports on-premises applications, including Oracle Database.
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure supports traditional workloads and delivers cloud development tools.
- Oracle RightNow Cloud Service supports customer service with agents. It does not appear to intrinsically support natural language processing or speech recognition, depending on outside services to support those technologies.
- Oracle has described a number of assistive tools that help build digital assistants and chatbots.
- Oracle Digital Assistant offers secure access to an ecosystem of applications and platform services, including Oracle’s own semantic parsing for natural language processing (NLP) for voice and multilingual translation. Interaction by voice as well as text is supported.
- The Oracle Cloud Data Science Platform helps enterprises build, train, manage and deploy machine learning models.
Oracle is a major provider of enterprise applications such as database software, both on-premises and cloud-based. The Oracle Cloud offers a suite of integrated applications for sales, service, marketing, human resources, finance, supply chain and manufacturing, plus highly automated and secure “generation 2” infrastructure featuring the Oracle Autonomous Database. Oracle published in May 2020 a long document describing “Oracle Customer Service and Support Cloud Services Descriptions and Metrics.”
Oracle has assistive tools that help build digital assistants and chatbots. Specifically, Oracle Digital Assistant is a conversational interface for business applications using technology such as machine learning and natural language processing. Oracle Digital Assistant interprets the user’s intent, automating processes and delivering contextual responses to voice or text commands. A developer can choose from prebuilt, customizable digital assistant skills developed for Oracle ERP, HCM, and CX applications, or leverage its open platform to build new skills for third-party applications.
Oracle Digital Assistant offers access to an ecosystem of applications and platform services. With its own deep semantic parsing for natural language processing (NLP) for voice and multilingual translation, Oracle offers an end-to-end, GDPR- and PII-compliant environment.
Oracle Analytics provides AI-powered, self-service analytics capabilities for data preparation, visualization, enterprise reporting, augmented analysis, and natural language processing.