Santa Cruz, CA
Customer Service: Chatbots on web sites (BOT), Mobile apps (MBL)
Device and equipment control: Automobiles (AUTO), Toys and Games (T&G)
System: Cloud-based (CLD), Edge
- The core technology focuses on understanding conversational speech, but also can be used for text conversations.
- “Our technology uses symbolic language processing based in pattern and concept matching techniques.” This apparently refers to using linguistic techniques rather than machine learning techniques. The company adds that “this allows us to run offline and to deliver much higher accuracy than chatbots or machine learning based systems.”
- Companies can create customized digital assistants under their own brand (“white label”).
- The company has delivered mobile virtual assistants.
- The company has voice assistants for automobiles, robots, appliances, vending machines, health systems, consumer electronics, and motorcycles.
- One version supports a visual avatar.
- The solution can work online or on-device without an internet connection.
- SapientX says it uses third-party technologies to deliver access to infotainment content and services for music, knowledge, and navigation.
- “Tele” assistant can run inside of Zoom, WebEx, Google Meet, Google Hangouts and Microsoft Teams. Tele can take notes, summarize meetings, and answer questions from company data repositories.
- Support for 40 languages
SapientX is a conversational natural language understanding platform with a focus on voice, but also applicable to text interactions. The core technology uses “symbolic language processing,” using a linguistics basis that uses concepts like synonyms, analyzing the structure of sentences, and using context more heavily than machine learning techniques. One advantage of this approach is that it requires less storage and computational resources, making it usable in on a “device” such as an automobile or mobile phone without an Internet connection. (A cloud version is available.) The technology is said to be first developed for US intelligence agencies.
An expressive avatar is an option. The company offers at least two different “personalities.” Avatars can be made automatically from selfie photos or 2D pictures and the solution is integrated with the Unity game engine to deliver fully animated characters on most devices and operating systems.
The main application area is using the technology embedded in consumer products.