Santa Clara, CA
Core technologies: Speech recognition (SR), Natural Language Processing (NLP)
Scope: Specialized (SPC)
System: Cloud-based (CLD), Edge
- VUI.AI builds a voice user interface (VUI) for mobile apps, allowing users to operate an app by voice commands.
- The software can operates locally, not requiring using the cloud, but includes a cloud option.
- One option is a USB charging cable with two microphones, supporting noise cancellation technology.
- VUI.AI software includes its own speech recognition and “situational” Natural Language Processing.
- Voice+ Chipotle software adds a voice interface to an existing Chipotle app, allowing a user to order a meal by voice.
- Voice Twitter adds a voice assistant for Twitter for reading, liking, retweeting, and posting tweets.
VUI.AI Inc. defines its goal as perfecting, promoting and proliferating Voice User Interfaces to the next generation 5G mobile devices, to IoTs in car, in wearable, at home and at work, as well as multimodal user interface for apps. VUI.AI technologies enable Voice User Interface in noisy environments.
VUI.AI sells acoustic devices such as a USB charging cable with two mics and frontend, proprietary speech recognition, natural language processing (NLP), and a situation-aware AI framework, along with noise-cancelling technology, to add a voice user interface (VUI) for devices and apps. The company has specific VUI apps, e.g., for the food-ordering app Chipotle and for Twitter. It will provide VUI APIs for enterprise applications as well as consumer applications.
The company’s far-field noise and echo cancellation technology is designed for speech recognition, enabling voice user interface for driving in car, for wearables on street, and eliminating the need for a frequent wake-up word.